As you may know by now, I am a saver. I save everything related to memories. I have fun things, weird things, big things, small things. To my husband’s dismay, everything runs past my “but maybe I will want to look at it someday or show the kids.”
So today’s post is all about saving the precious memories of your baby in a neat and contained way. (Ok, I saved more than what is in the memory box, but contrary to what my husband tells people, I did not save the first messy diaper!)
Here is the combined list of what I included in these Memory Boxes:
- One of the Roses Dan gave me when getting home from the hospital.
- Mommy & Baby’s Hospital Bracelets
- Baby’s Hospital Photos
- A Chocolate Cigar Dan handed out at work
- Baby’s First Spoon
- Ribbon from a Candy Bouquet sent to our home
- A Pacifier
- Baby’s Hat
- Noise Maker from 1st Birthday
- Diaper Dash Contest T-Shirt
- Baby’s Hand Print on Clay
- Winnie the Pooh/Elephants/Flower Cut Outs from Shower Gifts
- The Note Dan gave me when getting home from the hospital.
- The Candle/Monkey from the 1st Birthday Cake
- Baby’s First Shoe/Bootie
- The Hospital “Congratulations” Card that hung on the Bassinet
My Two Favorite Things in the Box:
- A Note I wrote to each baby while in the hospital or just home.
- A Gift from Mommy & Daddy to be opened on their 16th Birthday. (I can’t post what it is, but if you email me, I will let you know what I chose: kristen(at)CelebrateEveryDayWithMe(dot)com)
Things I Still Want to Add:
- Silver Dollar from Birth Year
- Dan’s Letter to Baby (Written, but needs to be recopied.)
When shopping for a Shadow Box, be sure to consider the size, especially depth. Mine is 13.25″x13.25″x2″ (including lid in dimensions) and I still had to cut into the back foam to fit the gift in. I picked mine up at a discount store, but Amazon carries an assortment of shadow boxes.
(This post contains an affiliate link. Please see the About Page for more information.)