Do you have teenagers who are dating or soon to start? Feeling a bit under-prepared and overwhelmed? Well, check this out!
When I wrote At The Well, I originally wrote it with college students and young single adults in mind. But the Lord opened up the audience in that I had many parents tell me they wanted their teenagers to read the book.
So with that in mind, I created the Parent’s Pack to accompany At The Well. And I am so excited because I think it will help parents of teens to cross that bridge into conversations about dating, and show them how to direct their teenager to God’s plan for dating and marriage. My goal is that this pack will draw parents and teens closer to one another and to the Lord.
What will your teen find in At The Well?
Your teenager will discover God’s plan for finding love and pursuing marriage. As he or she journeys with Kristen through Genesis 24, your teen will find that God gives a wonderful blueprint in the love story of Isaac and Rebekah.
And while At The Well was originally written for college age and young adults, parents of high school students everywhere are having their kids read the book now so they can begin in the right direction when it comes to love and dating.
In At The Well, Your Teenager Will:
- learn to seek God first for themselves (at the well)
- see the importance of growing in faith
- discover ways to use this time to develop character and grow as an individual
- learn to trust the Lord to take care of this area of his or her life
- assemble an idea of what it is he or she wants in a future spouse
- learn the importance of guarding his or her heart in dating relationships
- find encouragement for waiting on God when it seems to take forever
- see God’s plan for equally-yoked marriages and the value of dating believers
- be encouraged to prayerfully seek direction in current relationships
- learn the value of following God’s plan even when it may not line up with his or her own
- discover how to properly evaluate a relationship and recognize the response of his or her heart when he or she is in the relationship God designed