Today’s Simple Way is something that is easily lost in our busy lifestyles. We rush through our day. We run around to pick up kids, hurry to get dinner on the table and are still pre-occupied with what remains on our list for the day (ahem, do you do this too?).
But today, we are going to pause for Simple Way #13. We are going to deliberately slow down to create a fun, family dinner setting. Pull out your special dishes, maybe create a unique centerpiece. Write up some place cards (yes, your kids will think you’re crazy). And on the back of those place cards, write a question to be answered during dinner by one or all.
Purposefully, call your family to the dinner table, enjoy the conversation and even make a point of enjoying each bite of food! Share the highlights of your day and try to learn something more about those you sit across from each night.
Ideas for Place Card Questions:
* What was something funny that happened today?
* What was your favorite family vacation?
* What is your favorite Bible story and why?
* Share one thing you like about each person at the table.
For the Parents:
* What was your favorite childhood memory?
* What did you think when you saw each of your kids for the first time?
* What is something that makes each one of your kids special?
* Tell the story of how you met your spouse.
16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31