Do you want your kids to have a focus on serving this summer?
I am always looking for ways to weave serving others into our lives. It is my desire that my kids would fight selfishness and develop a heart to serve. And after last summer’s failure, I decided to be intentional and create Summer Serving Badges.
Here is how it is going to work:
Each child will have their own chart and set of badges. As they complete one of our service tasks, they will cut out the shape and glue it to their Summer Serving Badge chart.
These are the tasks:
- Say a Kind Word to a Stranger*.
- Collect Food for a Local Food Pantry.
- Send a Card to Someone.
- Help Someone with Outdoor Work.
- Bless Someone Who Is Elderly.
- Raise $___ for ___________ Charity.
- Do Something Nice for an Animal.
- Make a Treat to Share with Someone.
- Donate Clothes or Toys.
- Bless a Person or Family who is Going through a Difficult Time.
*At their current ages, my kids understand they are fine talking to strangers when I or my husband are present.
Would you like to join us in a summer of focusing on service? Download my Summer Serving Badges.
Try the same tasks we are doing or create your own with the blank badges included in the download.
Tip: When printing, uncheck “Fit to Page.”
I am excited to watch my kids’ hearts continue to grow for others. How do you help your kids develop a heart to serve?
Download >> Summer Serving Badges