If you are looking for a simple 4th of July treat with a big bang of color, look no further. You’ll love how easy this is to do and the delicious taste of chocolate covered pretzels.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Pretzel Rods
- Wilton Candy Melts or another brand
- Red, White & Blue Sprinkles
1. Melt your chocolates according to instructions. Wilton calls for 1 minute on the defrost setting, then stir thoroughly. Follow with 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted. I use a tall glass for melting since I need something to accommodate pretzel rods.
2. Dip the pretzel rod in the chocolate and with the help of a spoon, cover more of the rod. I spin it a couple times over the glass when done to “shake” off extra chocolate.
3. With a spoon, drop the sprinkles over the chocolate, spinning the pretzel. (I wanted to say sprinkle the sprinkles, but that sounds ridiculous!) Use a dish underneath to catch the extra sprinkles. We’ll use them later.
4. Lay the pretzels out on wax paper and allow to dry completely.
If you have any short, broken pretzels, you can use those too. Just dip the broken end in the chocolate. You’ll end up with cute pretzel bites.
* For the mixed sprinkles that fell in dish, try using them as the garnish or filler in the bottom of your jar. (See top picture)
Don’t forget to go enter our giveaway for the 4th of July Party Supplies! You’ll be on your way to hosting a fantastic party with this patriotic pack. Go here to enter.
What are your favorite patriotic treats?
(This post contains an affiliate link. Please see my Disclosure Policy on the About Page.)