Back to it! Our organization goal for the month of March is to get our Dressers & Closets in order. I long for order in my house, don’t you? I want to look around and not see the clutter, not see the junk everywhere.
That is why I am on a year-long task of organizing the toughest (and sneakiest) spots of my house. I have broken it up month by month so that with smaller, achievable goals, I will have a sense of accomplishment and organization. Phew! (You can see the entire month by month Home Organization Goals here.)
So the task for this month is to purge and organize our dressers and clothing closets. When it comes down to it, I want to open a closet and think “Wow, SIMPLE!”
Here is what this means for me:
- Go through my closet and dresser. If I haven’t worn it in the last year, I’m getting rid of it (donating, boxing to sell at a garage sale or throwing out). I am really bad at this! I always think there may be an opportunity to wear a clothing item again . . . especially dresses. I may have to make a couple exceptions!
- Help Dan go through his clothes. He does this regularly, so it should be relatively painless.
- Go through the kids’ closets/dressers and remove all clothes that no longer fit.
- Neatly pack up those clothes by size.
- Bring out the next size of clothes for the kids (I love garage sales!).
- Inspired by a recent Money Saving Mom post, I am going to go through all the previously boxed up kids’ clothing and sort through what I would want to keep for the future and what is not important to me to save. I am running out of space and purging must take place!