We still have a little time until Father’s Day and I wanted to pass along this fun gift idea. The original idea comes from ICanTeachMyChild.com. Jenae creates beautiful framed artwork with your child’s footprints and this quote, but because I have a t-shirt theme going for Dan this year, I tweaked it to fit. It is a great gift, quick and easy.
What You’ll Need:
* Two colors of fabric paint
* One paint or foam brush
* Plastic bags
* Masking tape
* One T-shirt
* One willing child!
How To Do It:
1. Tape plastic bags to protect the t-shirt, leaving a center opening. (I was expecting this to be a bit messier!)
2. Put some kind barrier like cardboard between the front and back of the shirt. Yep, wish I would have done this one.
3. Paint your child’s feet (one at a time) with paint and stamp them on the t-shirt. Move fast and paint a thick coat. The first foot I did was too thin and dried by the time I stamped his foot. Once I painted it thicker and moved faster, it was fine.
4. With your other color, write “Following in Your Footsteps.” I put masking tape down just above or below where I wanted to write. This will help with making straight lines and for practicing the spacing in pencil on the tape. Shake the paint well and squeeze out a little first, until you get a nice stream of flowing paint. As you can tell, my first letters bled a little because it was too juicy. Yeah, I’m not especially crafty!
All in all, it only cost me $9 for the three items I bought. I thought about buying another t-shirt and trying it again for a cleaner look, but Sweet Boy said he liked this one. And more importantly, Daddy will love it!