(I received a digital copy of the book at no cost and all opinions are my own. This post contains my Amazon Affiliate link. See my Disclosure Policy on the About Page.)
Are you Desperate to Breathe? (Book Review)
January 9, 2013 By
Have you felt exhausted as mother? Are there times when you just need a little break? Reading this new book, Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs To Breathe, has been a breath of fresh air in my perspective on motherhood. And I gotta tell you . . . this is a must read as a mom.
It is written by an incredible pair of women who live out the concept of Titus 2 mentoring. Sarah Mae has three young children and is in the exhausting trenches of parenting toddlers and little children and Sally Clarkson is writing from the other end of the spectrum with nearly all her children out of the house.
Reading Sarah Mae’s raw and vulnerable stories of mothering have made me chuckle because I know exactly what she is talking about. In reading Sally’s perspective, I have gleaned so much from her wisdom and have enjoyed her mentorship as if she were in the very same room. I can’t tell you how many times I read something she wrote and then had to go back and read it again because it was that good.
In reading this book, I have been reminded of so many wonderful things:
* the beauty and importance of community
* the freedom to be yourself in parenting, not to worry about following some perfect, model mom role.
* to see some of the issues in my home as spiritual issues, heart issues and sin issues. We are all sinners in need of grace, including my children. I need to model the grace God gives me on a daily basis.
* we are in a battle for the hearts and minds of this next generation
* the value of planning the kind of family we want to be and keep that focus.
* that it is ok to have fun and do things that I enjoy . . . and see how I can bring my children into those activities.
And there is so much more! I have absolutely loved this book. This is one of those books that you will want to grab a group of women, a lot of coffee and sit and talk for awhile. In fact, I’m hoping to get a small group study started soon. The one thing that I can promise you is that you will be richly blessed as you read this book.
Are you Desperate to Breathe?
Visit www.DesperateMom.com to learn more.
Linked up with: Raising Homemakers