Can you breathe easier when things are clutter-free? Organization does wonders for the body, mind and spirit. But what nobody tells you when you have kids is that clutter becomes a battle for the next 18 years. All the baby gear, toys, school supplies, clothes, shoes . . . legos. Did you ever think your arch enemy would be a tiny piece of plastic?
We recently built a house and the clean slate gave me the opportunity to rethink the ways in which we organize. I looked at where our messes tend to be, where we need a plan and how I was going to implement one . . . or several.
I started from scratch and asked these questions:
- What are the biggest categories of our clutter?
- What rooms tend to be cluttered most frequently?
- What drives me crazy about clutter?
- Are there dedicated places for things?
- Have I made things easy to put away?