Good Morning! Today, our challenge involves remembering the intrinsic value of a very special book. This book has the power to encourage the weary, direct the lost, free the chained and correct the wrong-doer (yep, all of us). It changes lives, renews, refreshes, convicts and opens eyes.
If you haven’t guessed it yet (or missed it from the picture above), we’re talking about the Bible. God’s Word, his love story written for us across generations.
Simple Way #14 is to choose one verse today and memorize it. I know some of you are groaning or rolling your eyes, but let me assure you . . . you can do it! Soon, I am going to be starting Beth Moore’s new Bible Study, James: Mercy Triumphs. So I will be memorizing a verse out of James.
You can pick any verse you’d like or check out the list below. Are you dealing with any particular issues? Memorize a verse that fits your need and let God speak to you. You will be amazed how He will bring a verse back to mind at the time when you need it most. He’s just cool like that!
- My Favorite Verse: “Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.” Psalm 84:5
- Are you overwhelmed? – “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
- Do you need direction or wisdom? – “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6 or “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5
- Are you going through a trial? – “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4
- Do you need emotional support? – “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you . . .” Psalm 41:10
- Do you need to renewed? – “Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength . . .” Isaiah 40:31
- Do you need to build your faith? – “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'” Matthew 19:6
- Are you anxious? – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6 or “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
- Are you feeling weary? – “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- Do you need peace? – “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7
- Do you need confidence? – “I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 16:8
- Are you feeling down? – “Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.” Psalm 42:5-6a
- Do you need help? – “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” Psalm 46:1
- Are you dealing with a difficult person? – “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” Colossians 3:12-13
16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31